Policies & Procedures
- Proof of vaccinations. Client must provide vet records showing their dog is up to date with: Rabies, DHPP/DAPP, and Bordetella vaccinations. We also strongly recommend Leptospirosis vaccine and either Lyme vaccine or tick control medication (ex. Bravecto or Advantix), however, they are not requirements.
- Sterilization. All dogs 6 months and older must be sterilized. Exception for check-ins and 1-on-1 leashed walks.
- Scheduling and visit times. We strive to be punctual and accommodate the needs of your pet. Waggy Walks Ottawa provides a time interval of 2 hours for arrival. If an unforeseen situation arises, the time interval may be adjusted. Time adjustments or time of arrival in no way affect your dog’s walking time.
- Bookings. Space is limited. Therefore, it is best to plan and book in advance in order to ensure you obtain the services and dates you desire for your dog. A free in-home meet and greet consultation is required, prior to bookings, for all new clients. There is a minimum booking of 2 walks per week.
- Cancellations/Refunds. More than 48 hours notice by client – no charge. Between 24-48 hours notice by client – 50% charge. Less than 24 hours notice by client – 100% charge. Please note that each client has a total annual cancellation allowance of 5 weeks worth of their dog’s regular schedule. Example: If your dog has a 3 days per week walking schedule, your annual allowance is 15 cancellations. Once those have been used, all proceeding cancellations carry a 100% charge.
- Payment. We accept PayPal (which includes debit and all major credit cards), checks, E-transfers and cash. Invoices are e-mailed out on a 2 week cycle, and payments are due 7 days after the invoice is issued. *For late payments, a 5% late fee will be charged to your account beginning 10 days after the original due date of the given invoice, and every 7 days proceeding that, until invoice is paid in full.
- Inclement Weather. Every effort will be made to drive to your home. The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered (including length of walk in extreme cold for dog safety) due to these circumstances. If it is not possible to safely drive to your home, you should have a nearby neighbour (walking distance) who may be contacted in such cases. We recommended this contact number also be given to your walker, so that everything can be taken care of without interrupting your day.
- Wet/Muddy Dogs. When we’re out on adventures, it is very possible we will be caught in rain or encounter some mud/water. While we do our best to ensure a clean and dry dog before entering back into your home, we do not take responsibility for damages due to dirt or mud being tracked around.
- Pet waste. We will provide waste bags, however, we do require that you have somewhere for pet waste to be disposed of for occasions where we walk the neighbourhood rather than a dog park or trails. Applies mostly to 1-on-1 walks.
- Collars, Leashes, and Tags. Client must provide a secure collar with appropriate tags for all visits. Leashes used will depend on the dog and activity. You may provide your own leash, however, it must be flat and non-retractable.
- Keys/Codes. Your walker will obtain a house key, lockbox code, or other form of agreed upon entrance from you during the free meet & greet consultation at your home. If you live in a condo/apartment, necessary FOB or key to front doors of building will also be required along with house key.
- Updates. Please inform us of any changes regarding your contact numbers and your pet’s needs.
- Refusals. Under no circumstances will Waggy Walks Ottawa service any pet that has any form of active contagious illness. No exceptions. It is the owner’s responsibility to update their dog’s health condition if anything changes.
- Photos/Videos. Client authorizes Waggy Walks Ottawa to take photos/videos of client's pet for their file and for our website. All photos/videos taken are the property of Waggy Walks Ottawa.
*Clients will receive an official digital copy of these policies & procedures that they must sign before service begins.*